Views on Learning, Inc. (VOL) awards accredited public and private schools in our Educational Broadband Service (EBS) areas, grants totaling up to $250,000.00 each school year. VOL)is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation established to provide Educational Broadband Service (EBS) schools with distance education, wireless internet access, and enhanced technologies to improve student learning.
Views on Learning, Inc. provides competitive grants of up to $25,000.00, based on enrollment, for the purchase of technology that enhances student learning. In addition to grant funding, awarded schools will also receive:
- Up to ten Sprint® mobile hotspots (included at no charge) to access wireless broadband Internet.
- Access to Views On Learning Zoom® Video Conferencing Portal
Schools must be located within one of the Views on Learning, Inc. broadband markets to be eligible for the grant and must also be accredited. The technology must be used by students and/or staff to further the school's educational goals
Grant funds must be used to support the purchase and set up of technology and technology related items for use in direct academic instruction. Priority is on the purchase of additional technology and technology related items, including hardware, software, and supplies typically used in conjunction with such hardware and software. Grantees may not use the funds for administrative purposes.
Grant resources and application form are online. The grant must originate from the central office of the educational organization. Each organization seeking funding must create an account on the Views On Learning website to begin the application process. The school agrees to use the Sprint EBS Broadband Hotspots for educational use. Examples include:
- Providing out-of-school access to students who do not have Internet access at home.
- Supplementing a school or district's existing Internet service to meet the broadband demands of 21st Century learning.
- Creating a back-up Internet source in case a school's primary Internet service does down.
- Keeping teachers, staff, and students connected during field trips, sporting events, and other off-campus activities.
The current round of grant applications are due June 14, 2019 and will be awarded by June 28, 2019. To access the grant information, visit http://www.viewsonlearning.org/index.cfm/grant-information/ where you will find eligibility information, the grant application (by clicking the "Start Grant" button), evaluation rubrics, and links to previously awarded grant proposals.