The 2019 Views on Learning Technology Innovation Grants for Educational Resources application window is open until 11:59PM, Friday, June 14th. Accredited educational institutions within a thirty-five (35) mile radius of our service areas are eligible to apply for grants of up to $25,000 (depending on enrollment). Click the "Start Grant" button above to check eligibility. If your school is not listed, and you believe it should be, please contact us.
General Application Information
To further our mission, Views on Learning is granting schools within our designated Educational Broadband Service areas funding to purchase technology for student use. VOL awards a total of up to $250,000 per year to schools throughout our designated markets. The grants are competitive and eligible schools may receive up to $25,000. The grant application deadline is June 14th, 2019, with grants will be awarded before June 29, 2019. All grants must be submitted through VOL’s Online Grant Application.
Views on Learning, Inc. provides up to $25,000.00, based upon enrollment, for the purchase of technology that enhances student learning. In addition, the awarded school(s) will also receive up to 10 mobile hotspots to access Wireless Broadband Internet. The technology must be used by students.
The public or private school must be located in one of the Views on Learning service areas to be eligible for the grant and must be accredited by their state department of education. As part of the online grant process, applicants will enter their zip code for eligibility verification. Only one grant per school or district will be considered.
Grant funds must be used to support the purchase and set up of technology and technology related items for use in direct academic instruction. Priority will be given to applications that articulate the need and how the use of technology will enhance student learning. Additionally, applicants must agree to use the Views on Learning Educational Broadband Spectrum to supplement existing Internet connectivity either at school, home, or in other educational settings (up to ten devices will be granted at no charge to the awarded schools). Priority is on the purchase of additional technology and technology related items, including hardware, software, and supplies typically used in conjunction with such hardware and software. Grantees may not use any of the funds for administrative purposes.
Application Review and Award Notification Process
Grant applications will be reviewed and scored by a Views on Learning grant review committee. The scoring rubric being used is available for download at the top of this page. The rubric is based up a 90 point scale and the awards will be given to the top scorers. In case of tie, additional information may be requested from the applicants. Views on Learning will notify each applicant of the outcome of the review process and whether its application will be funded.
Views on Learning, Inc. will provide up to $25,000.00, based upon enrollment, for the purchase of technology that enhances student learning. In addition, the school will also receive up to ten mobile hotspots to access the EBS wireless Internet spectrum and access to our Zoom Video Conferencing Portal, a web-based interactive video conferencing tool. The school must be located in one of the Views on Learning, Inc. markets to be eligible for the grant and must be accredited by their state department of education. The technology must be used by students and have the capability of accessing our EBS spectrum through wifi.
The application process for the Views on Learning, Inc. Grant is online with resources to complete the application. Each school seeking funding must create a new account to begin the application process. The school also agrees to use the Educational Broadband Service Spectrum for educational use.
Some examples include:
- Providing out-of-school access to students who do not have Internet access at home.
- Supplementing a school or district’s existing Internet service to meet the broadband demands of 21st Century learning.
- Creating a back-up Internet source in case a school’s primary Internet service goes down.
- Keeping teachers, staff, and students connected during field trips, sporting events, and other off-campus activities.
The grant will support purchase of laptops (Chromebooks, etc), tablets, or any other technology device that will enhance student learning. The VOL grant is based upon enrollment and the funding is based upon a sliding scale:
- 0-150 $7,500
- 151-300 $10,000
- 301-450 $15,000
- 451-600 $20,000
- 600+ $25,000
Please note that the following items must be included with each application:
- School’s mission statement
- Name and contact information of senior administrative officer of the school and primary contact for the project (if different individuals)
- A description of the school (grade range, enrollment, demographics, and web site)
- List of officers and directors
- Statement of need
- A project description with the following:
- - - 1. Objectives and specific activities to accomplish these goals
- - - 2. Description of how the project promotes student learning through technology--including use of hotspots
- - - 3. Criteria for evaluating the program
- An itemized project budget showing sources of committed and proposed income and expenses
- Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the Internal Revenue Service
Grants are not available to/for:
- Political parties, campaigns or causes
- Labor or veterans' organizations
- Religious or fraternal groups (accredited parochial and private schools are eligible)
- Volunteer emergency squads
- Athletic activities
- Courtesy advertising
- Fund-raising events
For additional information, please contact us via email.